Ready to Try Again?
So I fired up the old Ps4 just to see how “great” this patch is…Yeah we’ll get to that in a minute. But lets see what brought me to this, random decision. So after so many months, Hello Games, broke their silence and said that they would release a major update for No Man’s Sky. The patch promised to include new modes, base building and freighter ships kung fu swords, everything…The game still sucks.
Same Turd, Different Toilet Paper
I spent a few hours (wasted) downloading this awesome, amazing patch. In fairness they have offered several different modes but it’s still the same grind towards the center of nothing. Survival mode…I didn’t even try, it’s probably a more pumped up version of what we have always played. Creative mode…Not so creative. All in all it’s the same turd with different toilet paper. This game suffers from the fact that it can’t break the meta.It’s the same thing just with a little more sauce.
Good Bye Games?
It still amazes me how a Hello Games, who had so many legal issues, was even able to push this out (no pun after the last paragraph). They had an interesting algorithm that powers this game and after all the trouble they went through they failed it. The only thing I could see actually somewhat saving the game is a few things:
- Crafting in general (Ship Building,Multi-tool creation)
- Ships are about as bad as the random creatures that you come across. There is nothing personal about the ships. Same with the multi-tool. The only things you can change are the internals not the ex.
- Resource Breakdown
- Why is it that ships cannot be broken down? That is a lot of left behind resources that you can use for your new ship,suit or whatever else you need to build. The grind, all be it easier, is still a grind.
- So there are portals that can move you from your freighter to your home base…But why can’t that same portal be used to port a friend into your game?
- Small transports
- Since you can find abandoned ships the same should be done with transportation. Some time of small vehicle should be added to the game in order to help your character move around. Relying on the ship to move everywhere is just a little too redundant.
- Better Creature Creation
- Because we are all getting tired of seeing some weird, shell faced, tentacle, fly monster on every single planet.
- A reason to fly (or flee)
- What is the purpose of even trying to get to the center of the universe other than the simple fact that your…Trying to get to the center of the universe. There is no conflict, nothing that is threatening you. There is no drive to make you need to survive.Even the NPC creatures in the game are far from motivating. Even a space plague would be somewhat more believable than just wanting to get to the center.
Other than that, there is not much I can even say that will help change anyones mind about this game. It was a hype train that flopped hard and should have been better. My laptop isn’t the best but slowly I am considering PC gaming thanks to the footage of Subnautica that I have been watching. Really if you want an exploration game you should check that out on Steam and Xbox One.
Thank you for your time and support and remember
The Rush is Loud, So ride the lightning