WWE has recently been advertising a show hosted in Japan in the Ryōgoku sumo hall. It seems like it is just a random show that was decided to happen at a random time and place. Tokyo has a huge wrestling fan base is also know for many independent wrestling promotions. Japan is also known to produce many popular and successful wrestlers. Basically it is the place to go if a wrestler want to make a name for themselves. Neville (Adrian Neville), KENTA (Hideo Itami) and Prince Devitt (Finn Bálor) are just a few names that have been popular and made a high impact in the land of the rising sun. This is brought up simply to ask, why is WWE in Japan now? Is it just for Brock Lesnar? Is this just to make a welcome back impression on the WWE over seas crowd?
The NXT (current and former roster) I can understand going back to a major milestone in their career. But why host a random show? Most of the Matches were not even interesting. Actually, lets analyze the matches now. Ratings will be included alongside the match competitors.
- Chris Jericho v. Neville (3/5)
- Pretty good opening match. The level of techncality was basic but effective. The match was as good as could be expected considering that this was technically an house/unoffical show. Jericho, who hasn’t been seen in ring on TV in a while, actually won. Lets just hope that WWE will create a rivalry between the two.
- Brock Lesnar v. Kofi Kingston (1/5)
- This match…Well, what can be said? cruiser weight vs. heavy weight.The match consisted of this; little man steps into the ring, little man gets thrown around, little man loses. All out squash match.
- Page v.Tamina v. Brie Bella (1/5)
- Again with another squash match? This one was hard to even continue to pay attention to. Still trying to #GiveDivasAChance but the well-known fact is that the female wrestlers in Japan will always go harder than WWE Divas. No disrespect to the ones that actually know how to put on a good match.
- Finn Bálor v. NXT Champion Kevin Owens (4/5 match of the night)
- This must be the reason that all of this was even put together and is well worth it just to watch this match. Finn Bálor is way over with the crowd, his entrances are always breath-taking and his wrestling persona is very unique. Kevin Owens is the perfect heel and has been the bane of many of the NXT roster. This match is awesome and will hopefully be a link towards Owens possibly winning at WWE Battleground, But I won’t hold my breath.
- King Barrett & Kane v. Dolph Ziggler & John Cena (2/5)
- This match was the follow-up to a match that truly was great; which makes it hard to be better. This was just a choreographed punch and throw fest. Dolph Ziggler should have been in a singles match with King Barrett but instead this match ended up being a 2 on 1. Dolph carries the match while Barrett and Kane take turns slamming, suplexing and punching him into submission before Dolph tags Cena in for the win. Again, I understand you are keeping people fresh for the PPV but this is just a little sad. John Cena barely had any offense and he leaves the ring fresh. Dolph did most of the work. The match could have been better but it is what it is.
All in all this was a decent showing. It was mainly made for Finn to shine and boy did he shine.I think this could be a great start to something bound to happen once Finn hits the WWE roster. Because at the end of the day everyone really wants to see this…
If you liked what you read feel free to leave a comment below or feel free to share follow and like. If you are from Facebook please leave a like on my page and feel free to read more of what is on the site.
The rush is loud so ride the lightning!
-War Child signing off